Team Haverhill Announces 10 for 10 Projects for 2015
Non-profit civic organization Team Haverhill announced the ten small service and beautification projects selected to celebrate its 10-year anniversary as a volunteer organization. The organization will be partnering with a wide range of community groups and volunteer organizations, all striving to improve the community. Team Haverhill will provide up to $150 in funding and is helping to work on and recruit volunteers for multiple one-day projects. The results were announced at Team Haverhill’s Possible Dream community event on Monday March 2nd.
The winners include:
- Downtown Haverhill Boxing Club – Boxing equipment or boxing membership to USA Boxing in order to compete.
- Guitars for Elementary and Middle Schools – Refurbish guitars (up to 18) for school music programs.
- Today’s Readers-Tomorrow’s Leaders – Connect with city leaders and have them read their favorite book to first graders at Tilton School. The books will be donated to Haverhill Public Library.
- Haverhill Veterans’ Cemetery Sign – Buy and install a sign in Hilldale Ave Cemetery.
- Winnekenni Basin Beautification – Extensive cleaning of debris, invasive species of vines, brush and dead trees around Winnekenni Basin.
- Rocks Village Hand Tub House Landscaping – Help eradicate invasive species along river for public space.
- Beautification of Emmaus Commons – Deep spring cleanup of Emmaus Commons.
- Walnut Square Elementary School Garden – Install six raised garden beds at Walnut Square Elementary School.
- East Parish Meeting House Beautification Project – Landscaping project at this historic building.
- Place Your Face Haverhill – Create a portable, free-standing custom wooden prop for events.
“We received many applications and the selection process was tough,” said Lisa Marzilli, 10 for 10 Chairperson. “The projects we selected stood out as ones that will make a difference and help Team Haverhill celebrate the city in many ways and in every neighborhood. We are very excited about the number and variety of project submissions we received and hope to give citizens an opportunity to volunteer a few hours for one of these great projects.”
For more information and details on projects seeking volunteers, go to the Team Haverhill website at http://teamhaverhill.org/projects/community or contact Lisa Marzilli, 10 for 10 Chairperson, 978-374-5962, Email: 10for10@TeamHaverhill.org.