North of Boston Chambers of Commerce announce Collaborative Regional Initiative
Local and regional Chambers of Commerce throughout the North of Boston region have announced a Collaborative Regional Initiative to highlight strengths throughout the region, engage in discussions about Chamber missions and goals, and to start the process of real and meaningful regional business collaborations.
The Chambers represent a large cross section of the North of Boston business community, the combined membership includes both small and large businesses, non-profits, educational institutions and other organizations and individuals.
Lead by the Salem Chamber of Commerce and the North Shore Chamber of Commerce, Chamber Executives are charged with working together to create and promote business opportunities and events, share best practices, and speak with one voice on issues of importance to the region. Together, the chambers will provide visionary business leadership in the areas of membership, economic development and regional collaboration and promotion.
Leaders from the following Chambers are participating:
- Amesbury Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Haverhill Chamber of Commerce
- Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce
- Marblehead Chamber of Commerce
- Melrose Chamber of Commerce
- North Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Peabody Chamber of Commerce
- Revere Chamber of Commerce
- Salem Chamber of Commerce
- Salisbury Chamber of Commerce
- Saugus Chamber of Commerce
Chambers of Commerce are key to identifying and integrating emerging business needs into regional priorities. With the leadership of these Chamber Executives, the group will provide mentoring and education to each other to encourage a greater role for Chamber collaboration – to harness the power of regionalization.