Soles of Haverhill
Soles of Haverhill is a community celebration of shoe manufacturing & design’s important role in Haverhill’s history, highlighted by the public display of painted shoe sculptures throughout downtown.
Seven shoes installed
Seven “Soles of Haverhill” shoe sculptures—designed to function as whimsical benches—were installed at prominent sidewalk locations in September 2014, with an eighth-shoe to be installed at a later date upon completion of the crowd-funding initiative. Starting in mid-September, printed public art tour maps will be available at Positive Images Gallery (Wingate St.), Buttonwoods Museum, City Hall, and Haverhill Farmers Market.
- A Flourishing Future – Artist: Rob Sardella, sponsored by Pentucket Bank. Temporary Location: Pentucket Bank Stadium Branch. Final Location (2016): Harbor Place.
- Seymour the Lion (See more with the Lions) – Artist: Dawn Evans Scaltreto, sponsored by Haverhill Lions Club. Dedication: In memory of Kenny Parker, a noble Lion, gone much too soon. Location: South Main Street at Greenleaf St.
- The Sole of Education – Artists: Marc Mannheimer, Jaclyn Marr, and Adam Dorgan, sponsored by Northern Essex Community College. Location: NECC Haverhill Campus.
- Fishy Fashionistas – Artists: Elizabeth Persing, with Consentino School Students, sponsored by Haverhill Public Schools Discovery Club and the STARS Residency Program of MA Cultural Council. Temporary Location: Riverwalk; Final Location (2016): Bradford Rail Trail.
- Footprints of Haverhill’s Future – Artist: Emily Boulger, with Staff and Students of Community Action, Inc, sponsored by Community Action, Inc. and Pentucket Bank. Location: Community Action’s Fox Center
- Morning Shoe – Artists: Michael Glowacki and Jill Barry, sponsored by Kevin B. Comeau Funeral Home. Location: Grounds of Cogswell School (pending School Committee approval).
- Three Generations of Pharmacists – Artist: Rob Sardella, sponsored by the Joe Barker Family and Paper Potpourri. Dedication: In memory of the Barker Pharmacists. Location: Bradford Square