Job Opening – Membership Coordinator
The Chamber is a private, non-profit, membership-driven organization comprised of nearly500 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions and individuals. Its mission is to provide leadership that will help create regional economic prosperity and success for its members in the Greater Haverhill region.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for selling Chamber memberships to prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber. Provides detailed information on various programs offered through the Chamber and orients the client to the organization.
Reporting and Hours:
The Membership Coordinator will report directly to the President on a regular basis. This position will work closely with all staff to ensure ease of operation of the Chamber. Some outside time is required for events. The Membership Coordinator will attend various events; on these weeks, regular hours will change to compensate and stay within the 25-28 hour limit.
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Flexible schedule
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the organization
- Remains informed of member benefits, Chamber events, etc.
- Assemble welcome Packet
- Make introductory Phone Call
- Monthly new member flowers from Holland Flowers
New Member Support:
- Host Leads Lunch the 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month
- New Member Luncheon – in coordination with Events Coordinator
- Send Invitation to new members, BOD, Membership Services Comm., and Ambassadors
- Confirm location, Member Speaker, and Lunch
- Confirm PowerPoint presentation with Jonathan
- Solicit items and Assemble new member bags
- Set-up event
- Send thank you letter to host and speaker
Membership Services Committee-
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participate in the Business of the Month – create press release/letter and personal visit
- Assist with the Annual Business Awards Breakfast
- Order awards
- Create agenda
- Confirm photographer
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
- Works to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership
- Works renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned
- Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
- Encourages participation and retention in the Chamber
- Attends regular sales/staff meetings
- Resend outstanding invoices after one month
- Send 60 Day Letter
- Send 90 Day Letter
- Drop any outstanding accounts after 120 days
- Other duties as assigned by the President
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in sales roles and/or outbound call-center environment.
- Proficient computer skills including, but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Experience and/or training in CC Assist (or other membership database system) and Constant Contact is highly recommended.
- Experience managing social media accounts in a professional or business environment.