Business Development/Lending Officer
Objective: Provide professional management of the small business loan program. This is a Business Development/Lending Officer (BDLO) position for the Small Business Loan Programs at NCMDC. The position is responsible for all aspects of the day to day functions of BDO for the Business Lending Programs, to produce business loans to meet annual loan production goals.
Responsible for identifying/originating business loans, assist with identifying the right loan program to benefit the borrower, collect all financial information to complete the credit file/loan application, structuring loans best suited for the borrower’s needs, submit to underwriting, present loan request to appropriate loan approval level for approval, prepare commitment letter, co-ordinate loan closing with NCMDC attorney, attend loan closing,
perform annual site visits and manage Portfolio to collect annual financials, photos, etc).
- Promote NCMDC as a partner of choice. Use market demographics and other sources to effectively make recommendations for marketing ideas/concepts: provide budget for territory to include annual expense for associations/affiliations and networking events.
- Develop data base (referral source network), update call report weekly to discuss at staff meetings.
- Meet with potential sources of loans and referrals on a regular basis to establish a relationship and referral network.
- Comply with Loan Policy and Procedures and all NCMDC Loan Program and Regulations
- Respond and resolve complex or escalated business member questions and issues as appropriate and ensure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Prepare and disseminate information pertaining to Business Lending Products/Programs.
- Attend regular staff meetings, participate in Loan Committee meetings, and generally maintain systems to ensure open, timely, and effective communication at all organizational levels.
- Responsible for developing vendor relations in assigned territory – ie closing attorneys, title companies, appraisers, environmental companies (3rd party vendors).
- Prepare for audits and examiners visits as Portfolio Manager to ensure that all credit files are current for review.
- Attend territory networking events
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
At least three (3) years of commercial lending or credit analysis experience and Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards applicable to Business & SBA loan products, commercial lending and commercial real estate.
- Knowledge of publicly funded loan programs At such as SBA 7a and 504 loan programs, the ability to discuss in detail how the programs work and the benefits to the borrower helpful but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and staff required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with business members and community resources. Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, goals oriented, and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to interpret specific policies, procedures, regulations, etc. with a significant amount of discretion. Decision-Making is generally confined to issues within the policies and goals for a specific department or operating unit.
- Experience with pre-screen analysis, term sheets, and commitment letters.
- Creative thinking and planning are significant components of this job.
Candidates may respond to David McKeehan by email at email@example.com.