Annual Business Awards Breakfast
BUSINESS AWARD WINNERS HONORED ANNUALLY AT BREAKFAST EVENT
The Greater Haverhill Chamber of Commerce invites the business community, civic leaders and general public to be a part of a special recognition breakfast each year honoring local business owners and operators who demonstrate service, commitment and opportunity above and beyond their peers.
This year, the group extends a hearty congratulations to the 2016 Business Award winners who will be honored at this Annual Business Awards Breakfast on February 3, 2017. Each December the Membership Services Committee selects award winners from the membership in an effort to highlight outstanding business achievements, noteworthy community contribution and exceptional industry performance across a variety of trades.
This year the chamber will honor several very deserving businesses with awards, including:
2016 Annual award recipients:
Business of the Year:
Family Owned Business:
Willow Spring Vineyards
Cedardale Health and Fitness
Spring Hill Farm Dairy, Inc.
Pioneer of the Year:
Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant Haverhill
Albie D’s Italian Bakery
Rookie of the Year:
Phoenix Rising UCC c/o Rev. Donna Spencer Collins
Service for Not-for-Profit:
Kiwanis Club of Haverhill
Women in Business:
AFLAC, Maria Tusinski
Art and Culture:
Business of the Month Award Winners
January – Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant
February – Atkinson Resort and Country Club
March – Pentucket Bank
April – Be Imagine Music
May – Haverhill Golf & Country Club
June – Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital
July/August – Cedars Mediterranean Foods
September – Haverhill Police Department
October – Winnekenni Foundation
November – Saggahew Lodge A.F & A.M
December – Willow Springs Vineyards
This event is the pinnacle of business recognition in the Greater Haverhill area. Friday, February 3, 2016, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Atkinson Resort & Country Club, Atkinson, NH. Tickets are $40 per person. Tables of 10 available for $375. Ticket costs include a buffet breakfast, speech delivered by our keynote speaker, Mike Morin and awards presentations.
Throughout the year the Membership Services Committee meets monthly and nominates businesses that meet the following criteria:
- The business must be of good character and impact the community in a positive manner
- They must be a Chamber member in good standing for a minimum of one year
- They cannot have won this award over the last two years
- The Committee then votes on the nominations and the majority vote wins. A letter is sent to the winner and the Chamber issues a press release. The winner is added to the Chamber website. The monthly winners are then eligible for the Business of the Year Annual Award.
Finally, in December the committee meets for a final time to determine the overall winners for the entire calendar year. Cretieria for those winners inlcudes:
- Business must set an outstanding example in the category which they are selected
- Should be a leader in their field in the year that they are awarded
- Must be a Chamber member in good standing for a minimum of 2-years, except for Rookie of the Year which is 1-year, and Business of the Year, which is selected from the monthly winners.
- Cannot have won this award over the last four years
- They must be of good character and impact the community in a positive manner
- Committee then votes on the nominations and the majority vote wins.
This event is generously sponsored by:
Align Credit Union
Northern Essex Community College