Announcing HAVERHILL’S BRIGHTSIDE ENVIRONMENTAL HERO’S AWARD NIGHT
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 6:00pm at the Haverhill Country Club, Haverhill’s Brightside will be honoring individuals and groups, who have gone above and beyond in helping to make Haverhill a better place to live. Tickets for the event are $30 per person and may be purchased at the Brightside office room 205 in city hall or at the door. Appetizers will be served, raffles and cash bar.
SPEAKER: Sgt. Matt Wray United States Marine Corp.
GUEST SPEAKER: Barbara Macphee, bee-keeper & environmentalist from Holden MA, will present a power-point presentation on the bee population decreasing at an alarming rate and how planting certain flowers in gardens, planters and vegetable gardens will dramatically help to increase the bee population again.
SPECIAL GUEST: Author Ellen Sousa of Turkey Hill Brook Farm, will have a book signing.
2016 Hero Award Nominee’s
- Dave LaBrode/City Wide Clean-Up
- Haverhill Alternative School
- Whittier Middle School
- Keith Boucher/ Urban Kindness
- Ron mills/ Common Ground
- Alan Drelick / Haverhill Garden Club
- Rocky Morrison/Clean River Project
- Roger Lemire
- Brad Boucher/Ground Work Lawrence
- Attorney Thomas Sullivan/City Councilor
- James Valenti/ Riverside Clean Up
- Joan Cranton & Gale Park Neighbors
- Bill Rogers/Tattersall Farm
- Dick Leblond/Merrimack River Park group
- Linda Brown – president / Highland Friendship Association
In Memory Of The Late Carol Davies River Street Community Garden
Please join us in honoring these special individuals and groups for their tireless efforts in helping to make Haverhill a better place for all to live.